If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best attache cases are, we recommend the following:
- Zero Halliburton Slimline, Silver
- Alpine Swiss Expandable Leather Attache Briefcase, Black
- Samsonite Bonded Leather Attache, Black
- McKleinUSA Reagan Leather Attache Case, Brown
There are dozens of bag types available out there, but the attache case is the one that’s always closely associated with lawyers, diplomats… and spies.
So we gathered the best attache cases we could find to help you pick one that fits your professional style.
What’s the Difference Between an Attache Case and a Briefcase?
The attache case (or attaché case if you like your French) is just the slimmer cousin of a regular briefcase, most often used to carry official papers, personal documents, and the occasional laptop.
There are really three key differences between briefcases and attache cases, and even these sometimes are interchangeable:
- Attache cases usually have a distinct slim style and only one handle. They don’t come with straps, while briefcases often come with both handles and straps.
- The classic attache case is usually hard-sided and almost exclusively made from leather or metal like aluminum.
- Finally, attache cases regularly come with combination locks for extra protection, reinforcing their perception as containers for valuable documents and items.
All in all an attache case is the perfect pick if you want to exude professionalism and importance.
Overall, we recommend the Zero Halliburton Slimline, Silver for that classic attache case look and Zero Halliburton’s established name.