Are you looking for the Best Garment Bags? Here’s a review of the best suit bags with a pro and con list to help you find the best garment bag for you.
If you’re in a hurry and just want to know which are the Best Garment Bags, check out the products below:
Briggs & Riley Carry-On Upright Garment Bag
- Upright Wheeled Garment bag: Offering the versatility of a packing case in this 2-in-1 wheeled, upright carry-on, featuring a garment section that holds 1-2 suits and a packing compartment ideal for clothing and accessories
- Durable Construction: Made with ballistic nylon outer fabric that resists wear, moisture, dirt and abrasion. Outsider handle provides greater interior capacity and a flat interior surface for packing so clothing arrives wrinkle-free
- Lifetime Guarantee: We're the only luggage company that offers an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If your bag is ever broken or damaged, we'll repair it free of charge, no proof of purchase needed, no questions asked
- Explore Our Collection: We make a wide array of durable luggage including carry ons, duffels, rolling garment bags and hardside spinners, plus backpacks, briefcases, crossbody sling bags and much more
- Engineered for Reality: We craft luggage for real world needs to make travel easier, with innovative handles, pockets, wheels and expansion systems for high functionality and more storage space
- Removable garment compartment
- Lifetime warranty
- Outstanding quality
Unlike the BRIGGS & RILEY Briggs & Riley Baseline Domestic Expandable Carry-On type of suitcase, which is very similar to this one, this garment bag has a removable compartment specially designed for suits and dresses. Unfortunately, this suitcase is not expandable, so I’m afraid you have to choose between the expandable version and the non-expandable, but more garment friendly version.
This suitcase garment bag can be used as a carry-on. Although the dimensions are slightly different from what the manufacturer says, it will fit in the carry on sizer if you push it a little bit and if you do not pack the external pocket full. (The details of the dimension are below.)
This bag is available in black, navy and olive greenish colors and the high-quality 1680 Denier nylon fabric resists wear, moisture, dirt, and abrasion. Because of the 1680 Denier fabric, the bag is durable and lightweight at the same time.
The bag has two compartments: one is a garment holder section and one is for the rest of your clothes and accessories. The garment holder section fits 1-2 suits for sure, but if your suits are thin, 3 suits should work as well. The garment bag and main bag unzip separately, which keeps things orderly and also makes it extremely easy to get to a change of clothes quickly. The main compartment has shoe bag slots.
This garment bag features several handy pockets: there’s an outside pocket for frequently used items and inside the bag, there are mesh pockets for toiletries.
Also, you can create a hanging shelf by attaching a garment bag hook to the exterior of the bag, since the straps will form an angle to create a ‘shelf’ from the packing section, still allowing full access to garments.
Handle and wheels
The handle is made of high-quality aircraft-grade aluminum and stops 4 heights ensuring you can adjust to the most comfortable position.
The bag has 2 conventional roller wheels, which means that the wheels are more stable in place and can not be damaged like spinner wheels, which break more easily. The disadvantage of the 2 wheels solution is that it’s a bit harder to manage, as you can pretty much only move it back and forth. Because of the 2 wheels, the bag is lighter than the 4 spinners wheeled bags though.
The supporter on the bottom of the bag is also very practical: this way the bag will stand alone, won’t tip over or touch the ground. I really find this useful, because I don’t have to clean the bottom of the bag all the time.
The bag comes with a lifetime warranty, which is a huge plus. It’s very reassuring to have a lifetime warranty for the bag: I prefer to buy goods with a decent warranty because if any problems arise, I know there will be a solution. For details on the specific warranty, please read the description of the product.
Customers are very pleased with the product, and they highly recommend it, they had no bad experience or disappointment so far.
Note on the dimensions
According to the manufacturer, the bag measures 9 x 22 x 14 inches and weighs 9 pounds, but if we measure carefully, the bag has slightly different sizes. Instead of 22” tall, the bag is 21.9” tall, and it’s not 14” wide but 13.9” wide. I guess, the manufacturer just rounded up the numbers to make it simpler.
Although instead of being 9” deep, in the reality the bag is 9.25” deep if include the outside handle as well. In theory, it can cause problems to use it as a carry-on, but to be honest, as long as it fits the sizer, it shouldn’t be a problem at all.
Travel Pro Garment Bags: Maxlite 5 22″ Lightweight Carry-on
- Lightweight, rolling carry on garment bag with lay flat design keeps dresses, suits and other clothes wrinkle free during travel. Polyester fabric with stain resistant, water repellant duraguard coating and ergonomic, high tensile strength zipper pulls provide lasting durability
- Lay flat design with padded straps keeps dresses, suits and other clothes wrinkle free during travel. Front flap, roomy interior and built in pockets keep contents organized and accessible
- Performance ball bearing wheels and lightweight yet sturdy PowerScope Lite handle with stops at 38 inches and 42.5 inches reduce wobble and ensure a smooth, easy roll
- Limited lifetime coverage plus trusted companion promise, which covers the cost of repair for damage from airline or other common carrier for 1 year
- Case Dimensions: 14x21.75x8.5, Overall Dimensions: 16x22x8.5, Weight: 8.3 lbs ; VOLUME : 41L
This Travelpro luggage is one of the best rolling carry on garment bags. It’s made of high-quality material, lightweight and ample, and comes with a limited Lifetime Coverage plus trusted companion promise, which covers the cost of repair for damage from airline or other common carriers for 1 year.
- Can be used as a carry-on
- Great warranty construction
- No cons with this one
Due to the fact that this garment bag is made of high-quality fabric and covered by a stain-resistant, water-repellent coating, this bag can be your travel mate for a long time. Besides the bag is durable, it completely keeps your clothes wrinkle-free and intact.
The exterior dimensions are 16 x 22 x 8,5 inches and the internal dimensions are 14 x 21.75 x 8.5 inches, which means this bag can be used as a carry-on. The bag is designed to meet all the carry on restrictions, so you can travel with an ease of mind.
The bag weighs 8.3 lbs, which means, it is still light, but it’s not the lightest bag on the market. But, as long as you can roll the bag, the weight hardly matters.